Are You Considering To Live In Charleston Harbor?
Charleston Harbor is a covenant-controlled community with picturesque properties providing homeowners access to a wide range of natural amenities such as wooded areas, White Rock lake, a walking trail and plenty of wildlife. Home prices generally range from $239,000 and up. View our current homes For Sale or choose to build a home on one of our remaining lots.
Purchasing a home in a community association has many benefits, including deed restrictions that govern the community with which every owner should be familiar. It is a lifestyle choice that should be taken seriously when considering this home purchase option. Just a little preparation can ensure that you make a well informed decision.
There are four basic characteristics of common-interest, planned communities, or Homes Associations (HOA):
1. All owners are automatically members of a community homes association upon closing of their new home.
2. Governing documents create mutual obligations.
3. Mandatory assessments (fees) are required of owners and used for the operation of the association.
4. Owners share a property interest in the association.
What every prospective buyer should know about living in a common-interest community:
1. Your home is governed by rules and regulations which you agree to obey simply owning a home or lot in the association.
2. Your association is a democracy governed by an elected volunteer board of directors.
3. The board of directors must obey and enforce the rules and keep the association in a financially good condition.
4. These rules might limit what you can do with your property and what kind of vehicles you can park in your driveway.
5. You will have to pay regular yearly fees, and at times, special assessments to your association.
6. If you don't pay them, the association may take legal action.
7. The health of your association depends upon the participation of its members in its affairs.
8. Make sure that you are aware of the Bylaws and Covenants & Restrictions before purchasing your property.
Charleston Harbor Homes Association (CHHA) exists for two primary reasons
1. To manage the common areas of the subdivision.
2. To enforce the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions as per legal documents that created the HOA.
Every homeowner should receive a copy of the HOA documents with the closing papers when they purchase a home in Charleston Harbor. These documents also can be found below and also on our Nextdoor Charleston Harbor website.
Please enjoy your visit to our website and feel free to browse the pages and learn more about our community. We look forward to having you as our newest neighbor.